Subject: Invitation to Register (National IP Office staff) to WIPO Academy DL courses Session 2, 2024
From: "welc" <[email-masked]>
To: "welc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 14:03:16 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear IP Office Authority,

Dear IP Office Participant,

On behalf of Mr. Saadallah, Executive Director of the WIPO Academy, we
would like to invite you to enroll in the WIPO Academy Distance Learning
(DL) Courses. The WIPO Academy aims to enhance your knowledge and skills
in intellectual property related topics.

We are pleased to provide you with the Registration Guide (herewith
attached).

1. Please note that IP office Staff may enroll for up to two courses in
each session (there are two sessions). However, the candidate must
complete the courses in the session for which they register as this offer
is made on a scholarship basis.

2. The general deadline for registrations is August 28, 2024. Please note
that the WIPO Academy’s Distance Learning courses enroll a limited number
of participants. Therefore, we would like to give priority to IP Offices
so we strongly suggest that you submit your registration by August 23,
2024 in order to benefit from a priority entry.

3. Each IP office candidate enrolls on-line on the “WIPO eLearning Center”
<https://welc.wipo.int/> https://welc.wipo.int/

4. All candidates must create a WIPO User Centre Account prior to
enrolling. First time enrollees will be prompted to create a WIPO user
Account. Returnees will be prompted to recall their password, but if they
do not recall, they may reset their passwords.

5. IMPORTANT: Candidates should select “National IP OFFICE” as her/his
“Professional/Business Area” under Occupation section; (without the
selection of ‘IP OFFICE’ it would not be possible to offer the course on a
scholarship basis.

6. Each designated candidate should indicate in the field "E-mail Address
of the Director of your IP Office" the e-mail address of the
Head/Coordinator of the respective IP OFFICE. After submitting the on-line
registration, the authority will automatically receive a letter notifying
him or her that an IP OFFICE member has registered.

For the IP OFFICE Authority

The Academy recommends that you prepare all IP Office candidates for the
requirements of completion and time commitment that is required. If your
IP Office enrollees have submitted their enrollment request correctly and
put your email address correctly, you will receive several notifications
and a sample letter that you may send to the Academy recommending each
candidate. For more efficiency, we strongly suggest to send us the sample
letter (which can be adapted by an authorized person) as one letter for
several candidates accompanied with a list of those who already
registered. Please return the attached IP OFFICE candidates list table,
duly completed, to ensure that all candidates’ applications are processed
at the same time.

Note: The IP OFFICE is requested to guarantee that each candidate
completes the course. Kindly be informed that in case of incompletion or
unsuccessful completion of the course, the scholarship will not be
re-granted for the same course and the same staff member.

This letter should be sent by August 23, 2024, to  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]; with a CC: to Ms. Altaye Tedla, Head of DL, (
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] )

We remain at your disposal to assist you with any query and/or
clarifications you might have regarding the above.

The WIPO Academy is looking forward to your prospective participation.

Altaye Tedla

Head, Distance Learning Program

WIPO Academy

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic
message may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected
information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please
immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and all its
attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments are scanned for viruses
prior to opening or using.

Classification: WIPO FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY